Join KAT loco #StayAtHome Challenge – Win Hundreds of USD!
First of all, we hope you are all safe and sound. Be sure to remain in a secure place and take special care of your health. In addition, we’d like to let you know that the COVID-19 outbreak here in China has been entirely contained and life’s slowly coming back to normal now. We are sure the rest of the world will soon follow and start to recover from these tragic events.
In fact, we would like to invite you to join the common struggle against the coronavirus. Remember, even ordinary people like we and you can join this fight and make a difference.
Come, join the challenge that we have decided to host on a global scale. Let others know that at least for the time being, you choose the adventures and wonders of the virtual world over these you can find out your home.
Help us promote the responsible attitude towards the current crisis and support the recommendations of the World Health Organization as well as many other scientific authorities calling for the global population to stay safely at home. We have prepared many gifts to award you for your efforts.
Rewards (Steam Gift Cards):
How to Participate? Just follow the steps below:
1. Stream / Record and share your VR adventures with loco for at least 15 days during the challenge.
2. Submit the links to your videos to email@example.com before June 5th.
3. Win one of our rewards & enjoy all the new games you can buy!
Wanna join? Here is a quick FAQ and specific rules:
What do you need to do?
Stream / Record and share your VR adventures with KAT loco for at least 15 days during the challenge. Share them on social media or streaming platforms and encourage others to seek entertainment at home. At the beginning of each video, you should explain that you take part in the KAT loco Stay At Home Challenge and encourage your viewers to follow your example and avoid going out.
Hashtags and Naming:
Use hashtags: #StayAtHome #StayAtHomeChallenge #VR #VirtualReality #KATLoco #KATVR #Name of the game you’re playing
The title of your video should always include the words: “Stay at Home” “KAT loco”.
Share your Feedback – Help us Improve KAT loco
The last step before submitting your videos, is to take a moment and share with us your honest feedback about your user experience with KAT loco. It will only take 5 more minutes of your time but will help us tremendously with the further development and improvement of this project.
You can find our customer satisfaction survey here: https://forms.gle/GUAYZAQHNB3HfrHG8
How to submit the videos?
Before June 5th, please send us the complete list of links to your videos, as well as the total number of views on all of them together to our mailbox – firstname.lastname@example.org
When does the challenge start? On April 20th.
When does the challenge finish? On May 31st.
What platforms are acceptable? Any streaming / social media platform is acceptable. Share your streams / videos on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram or any other platform.
How long should each Stream / Video last? Each video should be at least 15 minutes.
Can I win more than once? Each participant can only win once.
What if my KAT loco hasn't arrived yet? Don't worry! You only need 15 days and the challenge lasts until the end of May.
How to record the video?
There are plenty of great streaming and video recording software apps available for free. And they are all much easier to use than most people actually believe! From our own experience, we’d like to recommend you to use OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), which lets you both:
· Stream the image from your computer screen and camera in real-time
· Capture the image from your computer screen and camera for manual release on Youtube, Facebook or any other platform
How to do it?
1. Add the sources of your video image – For example Window Capture for your screen image and Video Capture Device to record yourself.
2. The image will appear on the left side of the screen. You can change the size and position of each element.
3. Once you’re done with the adjustments, simply click ‘’cut’’. After that, the image will appear on the right side of your screen as well. The image on the right is the one that will be recorded. Make sure that it looks the way you want it to before recording.
4. Once you’re ready, click ‘’Start Recording’’ or ‘’Start Streaming’’
You can also add different filters to each of your video sources. Just right click it and select ‘’filters’’ to proceed to the corresponding menu.
The ones you may be most interested in:
- Crop / Pad – It allows you to adjust the video length and width by cropping it on any side
- Chroma Key – It lets you remove the background to place yourself directly in front of the game image and create a Mixed Reality video. You will, however, need to set the green screen for that.
Of course, there are many additional options, as well as many other streaming apps you could use in the challenge. The choice is yours!
Good luck and stay safe!
Team KAT VR